ECOMEL AND ECOMEL FROST
Innovative products with multiple benefits
- Its use is much safer and more effective than treatments based on sulphites.
- It can be used in all types of crustaceans (shrimp, prawns, crabs, etc.).
- They do not contain allergens unlike sulfite-based treatments.
- Does not generate toxic waste.
- Maintains the organoleptic properties of the fresh product, enhancing the original shine, colour and texture for longer than other treatments.
The danger of sulphites on the market
Manufacturers and traders try to avoid the problem of melanosis in crustaceans by frequently using preservatives known as sulphites.
However, it has been scientifically proven that these substances can be harmful to human health when the legal limits on their use are not respected.
In these cases, the problem of sulphites is twofold. On the one hand, it destroys thiamine or vitamin B1, which can cause diseases in the nervous and cardiovascular systems; on the other hand, it can produce adverse reactions in sensitive people, especially asthmatics.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) estimates that 1 in 100 people is sensitive to sulphite to some degree and may experience allergic reactions and symptoms such as difficulty breathing, wheezing and partial airway obstruction. The presence of sulphites in food must be warned because it is considered an allergen, and there are legal limits to its use so that certain doses are not exceeded.
Food moisturizer for fish products
The properties of the fresh product remain intact
- Maintains the muscular structure of live shellfish by dissociating the Actin-Myosin Complex, preventing muscle contraction after capture.
- Avoids the loss of internal juices, preserving the characteristic appearance, smell and taste of fresh seafood.
- Exerts a stabilising and texturising function on proteins, preventing oxidation of lipids and providing firmness and juiciness to muscle tissue.